No-Bake Coconut Almond Bars Recipe! Packed full of nutritious ingredients, this healthy dessert is super easy to make and it’s Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free & refined sugar-free!
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? It was pretty warm here (finally)! I may have even turned my air conditioning on for an hour or so at night to cool the house down. What can I say?! I’m crazy and can only sleep when it’s uncomfortably cold.
Any who…now that summer is approaching I try to use my oven a little less. Don’t get me wrong, no amount of heat can keep me from baking…but I like to change it up a bit (gasp!) and make lots and lots of no-bake treats, like these and this! YUM!
These No-Bake Coconut Almond Bars are a perfect treat for a summer day! Packed full of nutritious ingredients, these sweet treats are so easy to make and healthy to boot! They are paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free & refined sugar-free!
How to Make Coconut Almond Bars
I like to show you step-by-step photos because I think it could be a helpful reference tool when you’re making a recipe, so here we go!
1. Melt wet ingredients together
This recipe for coconut bars begins with melting the wet ingredients together until they are smooth and combined. When making these coconut bars be sure to very gently warm the mixture to preserve all the nutrients from the raw coconut and raw honey! 🙂
There are two ways to do this…
- On the stovetop. (Pictured Below). Gently warm the ingredients over low heat, whisking to combine. This is my preferred method of choice because I can see what is going on and make sure I don’t overhead the wet mixture.
- In the Microwave. I recommend warming the ingredients in the microwave in 30 second increments in a glass container.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients
Once the honey, coconut butter and almond butter are melted and smooth add your vanilla and salt. Don’t be alarmed if the vanilla makes the mixture bubble a little bit. Just stir the wet mixture until it’s smooth like pictured below.
Next add the dry ingredients. When you mix it all together it should be solid and slightly sticky!
3. Press the Coconut Bars Mixture into a loaf pan
Next, press the mixture into a 9×5″ or 8×4″ loaf pan and set it aside. If you would like to be able to easily remove the bars, line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil first. This way they will be easy to remove and cut!
4. Make and apply the Chocolate Topping
Melt together some chopped, unsweetened chocolate and some more coconut butter. Once that mixture is smooth, add some honey (or maple syrup) for sweetness and spread over chocolate coconut bars mixture in the loaf pan.
5. Chill the Almond Coconut Bars
Once the chocolate topping is evenly spread across the coconut/almond mixture, toss the pan in the fridge (or freezer if you’re
impatient hungry) to harden.
TIP: Watch them carefully and cut into bars before the chocolate is completely hardened. Then let them cool the rest of the way after they’ve been cut! I think these bars are best served cold! 🙂
No-Bake Coconut Almond Bars: Ingredients and Substitutions
These no-bake coconut bars are made with some of my usual favorite ingredients, almond butter, shredded coconut, honey (or maple syrup) as well as a newly discovered product that I love…coconut butter!
- Coconut butter. I L-O-V-E coconut because it is a nutritional powerhouse. It increases your immunity because it’s antiviral, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-parasitic! (I use coconut oil on cuts instead of other anti-bacterial healing gels because it works so much better and is natural)! Coconut is loaded with calcium, potassium, magnesium, electrolytes, fiber and antioxidants!
- Need any more convincing? It helps stave off hunger and burns fat. Win. Win. WIN! I’m always looking for a way to sneak extra healthy fats into our diet, and coconut butter is definitely a tasty option!
- Substitutions: Feel free to substitute coconut oil, butter or ghee for the coconut butter!
- Almond butter. Any nut or seed butter should work excellently in this recipe. I recommend almond or cashew, but the sky’s the limit!
- Honey. I always choose raw honey over any other variety! However feel free to use your favorite honey, or maple syrup for a vegan option!
- Chocolate Topping: If you don’t mind a little refined sugar, simply melting chocolate chips with a little bit of coconut butter is a great topping as well!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM JOYFOODSUNSHINE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! ALSO, FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR EVERYDAY LIFE!
No-Bake Coconut Almond Bars
No-Bake Coconut Almond Bars Recipe! Packed full of nutritious ingredients, this healthy dessert is super easy to make and it's Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free & refined sugar-free!
Lightly grease a 9x5” loaf pan, set aside.
To Make the Bars
In a small bowl, mix together coconut and almond meal. Set aside.
On a stovetop over low heat, melt together coconut butter, almond butter and honey until smooth.
Add vanilla and salt.
Remove from heat and add dry ingredients. Stir until mixture forms a ball.
Spread evenly into prepared pan.
To make the topping
Melt together chocolate, coconut butter and honey in a microwave or on the stovetop.
Putting it together
Spread topping evenly over bars.
Let sit at room temperature or in the refrigerator until topping is set.
Cut and eat!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!