Easy French Toast Recipe
This is the best French Toast Recipe ever! It's easy to make and ready in 20 minutes! This simple french toast recipe is one of our family's favorite breakfasts!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 10 Servings
preheat griddle to 350 degrees F. (see notes for stovetop instructions)
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs.
Add brown sugar, sea salt, vanilla and cinnamon and whisk until combined.
Add milk and whisk until combined.
Pour into a shallow baking dish (9x9)
Place bread in the egg mixture and let it soak in the mixture for 15-30 seconds.
Flip bread over and repeat on the other side.
Melt ½ TBS butter on the preheated electric griddle (or fry pan).
Remove bread from egg/milk mixture and place on the heated, buttered cooking surface.
Cook for 3-5 minutes on the first side or until golden brown.
Flip the bread over and repeat on the second side.
Continue dipping/cooking until all the bread has been used.
Serve immediately with a glug of pure maple syrup!
Cooking French Toast on the stovetop:
If you don't have a griddle, simply use a large, non-stick fry pan instead! Just note, every cooktop is different, so you will need to play with the amount of heat you use until you get it just right.
- Turn the heat on to medium and place the fry pan over the flame/heating element to let it warm up.
- Add the french toast pieces and cook until golden-brown on one side!
- Flip and cook until golden-brown on the second side!
How to keep French toast warm:
If you would like to serve all the French toast warm at the same time, simply preheat your oven to “warm” and place each finished piece of French toast on a baking sheet or oven-safe serving dish and put it in the warm oven until ready to serve!
- Cinnamon bread. I absolutely swear by Kneader's Chunky Cinnamon Bread. I think it makes the best french toast ever. However, feel free to use your favorite bread variety!
- Brown sugar. Dark or light brown sugar, or coconut sugar, can be used in this recipe with great results!
- 2% Milk. This is what we always have on hand, so it's our milk of choice for this recipe. Any milk would work well, including non-dairy milk. Just remember that the higher the fat content, the richer and tastier this Easy French Toast will turn out!
How to freeze French toast:
- Flash-freeze the leftover pieces on a baking sheet, then put the frozen French toast in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and save them for another day!
- To reheat simply warm in the microwave for 60-90 seconds per piece (depending on how thick the slices are).
Calories: 234.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6.8g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Cholesterol: 80.5mg | Sodium: 341mg | Potassium: 98.7mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14.9g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 0.3mg