Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
This healthy homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe is the perfect dressing for any salad! It's easy to make (ready in less than 5 minutes), is super flavorful, and has none of the processed ingredients that are found in store-bought salad dressings!
Servings 12 (1 1/2 cups dressing, 2 TBS = 1 Serving)
Put all ingredients except water into the container of your Vitamix Blender.
Blend, starting on low speed and increasing to high for 15-30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth.
Add water and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
Transfer dressing from Vitamix
container into a glass jar or salad dressing bottle.
Use on your favorite salad or store in the refrigerator to use later.
If the dressing gets too thick, simply add more water and shake it up. You can mix by hand the dressing will just have a chunkier texture rather than creamy (with bits of onion, sesame seeds, etc. floating in it).
- Apple Cider Vinegar. You can use white balsamic vinegar and regular balsamic vinegar as well.
- Olive Oil. Olive oil is by far the best tasting oil to use in this recipe. However, you may substitute another neutral oil like avocado oil or canola oil if you don't have any olive oil on hand!
- Sugar. I use organic cane sugar in this Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe, however honey can be used in place of sugar.
- Sesame Seeds. The sesame seeds are critical to the overall flavor of this dressing, however you can substitute the 1 TBS of seeds with 1 TBS of tahini (which is sesame seed paste).
- Dried Mustard. Another important component of this dressing (and a spice I always keep on hand). But if you don't, you can use your favorite variety of prepared mustard.
- Garlic Powder. Minced garlic can be used in place of garlic powder if desired.
- Chopped Onion. Onion powder can be used in place of fresh onion.
Serving: 2TBS | Calories: 103.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.3g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 9.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.8g | Sodium: 44.3mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.1mg