Sausage Stuffing Recipe
This Easy Sausage Stuffing Recipe is the BEST! This buttery, savory, flavorful, herb-infused Thanksgiving stuffing (dressing) will become your go-to stuffing recipe! Use it to stuff a turkey or bake it on it's own!
Servings 12 servings
- 1 lb. maple pork sausage (or your favorite variety)
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 TBS minced fresh rosemary
- 1 TBS minced fresh sage leaves
- 1 TBS minced fresh parsley
- 1 12 ounce package herb seasoned stuffing
- 4 cups chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9x13” pan, set aside.
Combine stuffing mixture and chicken broth in a large bowl, gently stirring every 2 minutes until the liquid is absorbed by the stuffing. Set aside.
Place sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until it just begins to brown (about 5 minutes), breaking it into small pieces as you cook.
Once the sausage begins to brown, add olive oil and butter and stir until butter is melted.
Add onion, garlic, celery, rosemary, sage leaves, and parsley and cook until veggies are soft and sausage is browned (about 5 minutes).
Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Add sausage mixture to the bowl with the stuffing and mix until evenly combined. Taste the stuffing and adjust the salt and pepper as desired.
At this point, you can use this stuffing to stuff a turkey or bake as described in the next steps:
Add stuffing to the prepared baking dish.
Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven until the top is set and slightly browned/firm. I personally love a crunchy top, but if you like it soft you can bake it covered with foil.
How to make this Stuffing Recipe ahead:
I almost always make this sausage stuffing recipe the day before Thanksgiving. To do this, follow these steps:
- Follow the recipe completely, including baking.
- Let stuffing cool to room temperature.
- Cover with foil or a lid (if your baking dish has one).
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- To reheat: Cover stuffing and bake in the oven at 350 degrees until warmed through. Remove cover in the last 5-10 minutes of baking to restore the crunchy top!
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 150.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.5g | Protein: 4.4g | Fat: 11.3g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 22.2mg | Sodium: 619.8mg | Potassium: 171.2mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 192IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 1.7mg | Iron: 4mg