Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (better than P.F. Chang's)!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (better than P.F. Chang's)! A quick, easy, and healthy dinner that tastes delicious! Gluten and dairy-free!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 TBS peanut oil
- ½ onion minced
- 1 cup red or green pepper diced
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts drained and minced
- ¼ cup peanuts crushed.
- Lettuce or your favorite Asian salad
Whisk together sauce ingredients until well combined. If you use a firmer peanut butter you may need to microwave the mixture for 30-60 seconds in order to melt it and ensure everything is well-mixed.
Heat 2 TBS peanut oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add ground chicken.
Cook until some pieces are starting to brown. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is becoming translucent.
Add the peppers and water chestnuts and cook about 5 minutes or until peppers are becoming soft.
Add sauce and simmer on low heat until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated and everything is heated through.
Serve in lettuce leaves, on top of your favorite Asian salad, or over noodles or rice!
Notes on ingredients:
- Ground chicken: Finely diced chicken breasts are a great substitute for ground chicken!
- Peanut Oil: Any oil can be used here if you don't keep peanut on hand or if you have a peanut allergy. I recommend olive oil or avocado oil!
- Soy Sauce: If you have a soy allergy you can substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce.
- Hoisin sauce: **be sure to choose a gluten-free hoisin sauce to keep this recipe gluten-free, like this one.
- Peanut Butter: If you have a peanut allergy any nut or seed butter could work here, but peanut butter definitely gives the best results!
Serving: 1lettuce wrap (1/6 recipe) | Calories: 209.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.3g | Protein: 18.7g | Fat: 9.2g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 26g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 43.6mg | Sodium: 675mg | Potassium: 112.5mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 8.6g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 55.2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.4mg