Oven Roasted Broccoli (Baked Broccoli)
This is the best oven-roasted broccoli recipe! This easy roasted broccoli is made with 6 ingredients in 15 minutes! It's crispy, tender and perfectly seasoned! Baked broccoli is a healthy side dish that pairs well with everything!
Servings 6 servings
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Grease a large baking sheet, set aside.
In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, sea salt, paprika and black pepper. Set aside.
Place broccoli pieces in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and stir until evenly coated.
Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over the broccoli, stir and repeat with the second half and stir until evenly distributed.
Spread seasoned broccoli evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast at 450 degrees for 14- 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is nicely roasted, stirring once halfway through. (Note: the size you cut the florets into will effect the baking time (smaller florets = shorter bake time, larger florets = longer bake time). So keep that in mind)!
If necessary, broil the broccoli for 1-2 minutes at the end of roasting time to crisp it up (I find this is only necessary if using frozen broccoli).
Remove from oven and serve immediately.
How to roast frozen broccoli:
You can use both fresh or frozen broccoli. If using frozen broccoli in this roasted broccoli recipe. For frozen broccoli I recommend following the recipe as written, you may just need to stir the broccoli one extra time during roasting and broil at the end to achieve the best texture!
- Broccoli Florets. Trim fresh broccoli and use the tops (called florets) in this recipe. You can also use frozen broccoli florets with great results!
- Olive Oil. I love using infused olive oils (like this garlic olive oil) to add some extra flavor! Really any neutral oil works like avocado oil, canola oil, etc.
- Sea Salt. Garlic salt can be used in place of sea salt for even more garlic flavor.
- Paprika. My favorite is smoked paprika, but any variety works well!
How to store roasted broccoli:
Store roasted broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To reheat roasted broccoli:
There are two ways to re-heat roasted broccoli:
- Warm it in the microwave. This method will heat it up but will not re-crisp it. It's the easiest and quickest way to reheat!
- In the oven. If I have the time, I like to reheat this broccoli recipe in the oven. Simply preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, place the oven on a small baking sheet or in a small baking pan, and heat until it's warmed through and crispy (usually 4-5 minutes).
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 797IU | Vitamin C: 108mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg