This Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe is the perfect breakfast or snack! It's packed full of fruits and vegetables and is gluten-free and refined-sugar free.
I just can't help it. Making foods that are packed full of vegetables and fruits yet taste so good my kids think they're eating dessert is totally awesome.
This healthy Blueberry Zucchini Bread recipe combines two of my favorite summer produce items in a sweet bread that is gluten-free with zero refined sugar.
Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread
I also have a thing for dense baked goods. I like my bread chewy and moist, not fluffy and crumbly. My favorite way to ensure non-crumbly baked goods is by adding Greek yogurt. It adds moisture to this Zucchini Blueberry Bread while boosting the protein content.
Oatmeal Zucchini Bread
Oat flour is also higher in protein than regular flour, so besides making this Blueberry Zucchini Bread recipe gluten-free, using oat flour increases the amount of protein and fiber..which leaves you feeling full longer.
How to make Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Use a Vitamix! Using a high-powered blender to combine your ingredients (of course I recommend the Vitamix) ensures that the vegetable police (i.e. kids everywhere under the age of 12) cannot detect the heaps of zucchini that are well-hidden inside of this bread.
- Use Fresh Blueberries! I suggest using fresh blueberries in this Zucchini Blueberry Bread. When I made a loaf using frozen berries they sunk to the bottom and gave a delicious (although not very pretty) layer of blueberries, instead of being spread out evenly throughout the bread. If you only have frozen berries, I recommend tossing them with extra oat flour before mixing them into your batter.
This Zucchini Blueberry Bread recipe truly is the perfect breakfast. Paired with a hot cup of coffee, you'll be ready for whatever comes your way.
FAQs for Blueberry Zucchini Bread
You shouldn't need to peel it because it will go in the food processor.
It's a low-fat and heart-healthy dessert, breakfast, or snack with all the benefits from zucchini.
Fresh blueberries will be better because they won't sink. If you only have frozen berries, I recommend tossing them with extra oat flour before mixing them into your batter.
More Delicious Recipes
- Love Zucchini? Try Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread or Chocolate Zucchini Brownies.
- Are you just as much of a fan of blueberries as we are? Try Blueberry Muffins or Dairy-Free Blueberry Coffee Cake.
- Try this delicious Chocolate Banana Bread!
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations. Follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Tag me in your photos #joyfoodsunshine @joyfoodsunshine Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Grind oats in your blender (Vitamix) until they resemble a fine flour! Transfer flour from your blender into a small bowl.
- Add baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to your oat flour. Mix & set aside.
- Put milk, sugar, yogurt, vanilla and zucchini in your blender or food processor. Blend until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and blend until smooth
- Add egg and blend until just combined
- Mix in blueberries by hand.
- Pour into 9x5” loaf pan and bake at 350 55-65 minutes or until top is hardened and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.