This Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe is made with 5 ingredients in less than 5 minutes, and it’s even better than Texas Roadhouse butter! It tastes delicious on rolls, pancakes, waffles, muffins, banana bread, toast, etc.!
This Cinnamon Honey Butter recipe is the perfect accessory to almost any food. Plus, it’s even better than the Texas Roadhouse butter! (yep…even better)!
This honey butter makes any food extra special. Slather some on fresh baked cornbread (and eat it with this chili). Take your usual breakfast fare up 100 notches by spreading some of this on top. Pancakes, waffles, French toast, banana bread. The possibilities are truly endless.
My kids adore this Texas Roadhouse butter and ask for cornbread just so they can eat it. They take a bite, strategically placing their mouths so that they consume all of the honey butter in one shot. Then they exclaim “I need more butter mom, it’s all gone!” Can’t argue with that right?! 😉
How do you make Cinnamon Honey Butter?
This honey butter recipe is super simple to make! But I’ll walk through the process step-by-step to ensure your success! You can also watch the video to see exactly how it’s made!
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
The only thing to note about the ingredients is that the butter needs to be softened to room temperature. If it’s not at room temperature the honey butter won’t mix well!
Step 2: Measure ingredients
Measure and ingredients and place them in the bowl of your standing mixer or a large mixing bowl!
Step 3: Mix until Smooth
I prefer to use my standing mixer because there is less splattering. However, I used a hand mixer to make this batch of Texas Roadhouse butter and film the video, and it worked great! I don’t recommend mixing this by hand!
Step 4: Serve!
Transfer the cinnamon honey butter to a cute little dish and serve it at room temperature.
How do you store honey butter?
Store honey butter in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
If you store it in the refrigerator be sure to remove it and let it come to room temperature before serving. DO NOT heat it in the microwave! It will become a soupy mess and the ingredients will separate!
How long will cinnamon honey butter last?
This honey butter will last in the refrigerator for up to 1 month! As long as your butter doesn’t expire and you keep it cool!
What do you eat honey butter with?
Here are some of my favorite foods that I love to slather this Texas Roadhouse butter on!
- Banana Bread. Some of our favorites: The Best Banana Bread (pictured in this post), Paleo Banana Bread, Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread.
- Pancakes. Take your weekend breakfast up a notch (or ten) by using this honey butter! Try any of these pancake recipes: Greek Yogurt Pancakes, Whole Wheat Pancakes, Spinach Pancakes, and Healthy Chocolate Pancakes.
- Waffles. Best Ever Waffles (we make these at least twice a month), Grain-Free Peanut Butter Waffles, and Peanut Butter Banana Waffles.
- Dinner Rolls.
- Pretzel Bread.
- Muffins. I have so many muffin recipes on my site! Some of my favorites are: Spinach banana muffins, paleo zucchini muffins, and these carrot zucchini muffins.
- French Toast
Cinnamon Honey Butter: Ingredients and Substitutions
As always, let’s chat about the ingredients used in this honey butter recipe, as well as possible substitutions!
- Salted Butter. Unsalted butter works perfectly well in this recipe, but if you use it I recommend increasing the amount of salt to your taste! Please keep in mind that the quality of butter that you use really matters and will effect the taste of this honey butter recipe! You can also use vegan butter (like Earth’s Balance) to make this dairy-free and vegan!
- Powdered Sugar. There’s really no substitute here! The powdered sugar gives the recipe volume and helps it hold together. If you want to make your own refined-sugar free powdered sugar to use in this recipe, I recommend checking out my paleo powdered sugar recipe!
- Honey. Maple syrup can be used in place of honey for another delicious option! I love both of them equally! Obviously maple syrup will impart a slight maple taste, which compliments fall foods (like this apple cinnamon baked oatmeal or these pumpkin muffins) very well!
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla beans or vanilla bean past both taste amazing in this recipe. If using extract, make sure it is pure vanilla extract and not imitation for the best results!
- Cinnamon. The quality of the cinnamon you use will effect the taste of this honey butter! Choose high-quality fresh spices!
- Sea Salt. Please note that I use sea salt in all my baking, if you’re using table salt you will need to use less!
Paleo Honey Butter:
To make this recipe paleo use grass-fed butter and make your own paleo powdered sugar!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM JOYFOODSUNSHINE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! ALSO, FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE AND TWITTER FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR EVERYDAY LIFE!
Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe (Texas Roadhouse Copycat)
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat until well combined and fluffy. (alternately, place them in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer).
- Serve at room temperature on your favorite bread or breakfast food (pancakes, waffles, etc.)!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month, or at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Store honey butter in the fridge for up to 1 month, or at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Serve at room temperature, but DO NOT microwave (or the ingredients will separate).
- Vegan option: Use vegan butter replacement (like Earth's Balance) and maple syrup instead of honey.
- Paleo Option: Use grass-fed butter and make your own paleo powdered sugar.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!