This healthy homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe is the perfect dressing for any salad! It’s easy to make (ready in less than 5 minutes), is super flavorful, and has none of the processed ingredients found in store-bought salad dressings!
This post is sponsored by my friends at Vitamix! As always, all opinons are my own!
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to kick start this new year with some healthy recipes!
One of the ways I try to keep our family healthy is by making homemade versions of our favorite pantry staples, like this Apple Cider Vinaigrette salad dressing!
I can honestly say I almost never purchase store-bought salad dressings. Homemade salad dressings like this Apple Cider Vinaigrette are easy to make (take less than 5 minutes), super flavorful, and have none of the processed ingredients or preservatives that are found in store-bought salad dressings!
This particular Apple Cider Vinaigrette gets its flavor from apple cider vinegar, sesame seeds, spices, garlic and fresh onion! All off which are blended together in the Vitamix for a silky smooth texture that goes perfectly over any and every salad!
How do you make Apple Cider Vinaigrette salad dressing?
As you can see from the video, this Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe is super easy to make! But as always, I will walk through the steps of making this healthy salad dressing to ensure your success!
1. Add ingredients to the container of a Vitamix
Start by adding all of the ingredients for this Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe into the container of your Vitamix (or another high-powered blender), in the order listed in the recipe card (except for the water, we’ll add that later).
I do need to pause and mention that this is yet another reason I adore my Vitamix Blender (click here for a buying guide I put together and treat yo self)! Because it’s the ultimate boss of blenders, I can use whole food ingredients to make tastier versions of, what are usually store-bought, pantry staples (like salad dressings)!
Next, secure the lid and blend for 15-30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth and homogenous (uniform throughout).
3. Add water as necessary & pulse to combine
I usually add about 1/4 cup of water to reach a smooth, pourable consistency. However, the amount of water needed will vary depending on the nature of the ingredients you use! So start with 2 TBS and work your way up from there!
4. Store in a glass container
You can use this Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing immediately or put in a container in the refrigerator to use later!
I received this salad dressing bottle as a gift years ago and LOVE it. I appreciate that it is large enough to hold a batch of dressing, has a secure lid, and that the shape of the bottle (tall and skinny) fits nicely in the door of my refrigerator! However you can store it in a mason jar or another container if you wish!
Serve this dressing over your favorite salad! It really goes great with just about any combination of greens, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc!
FAQS about Apple Cider Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Here are a few frequently asked questions about this Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe!
Can you make this Apple Cider Vinaigrette without a blender?
YES! You don’t absolutely need a blender. If desired you can put all the ingredients into a glass jar and shake to combine. If you do this you will have a “chunky’ dressing (bits of sesame seeds and onion floating in it), which is delicious but it will not resemble the photos!
You can also use a food processor to make this Apple Cider Vinaigrette, however it won’t be as smooth or creamy as if you use a Vitamix.
How long does Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing Last?
This Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing lasts 1-2 weeks when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
Apple Cider Vinaigrette: Ingredients and Substitutions
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Obviously the name of this recipe is Apple Cider Vinaigrette, but I have also used white balsamic vinegar and regular balsamic vinegar with excellent results!
- Olive Oil. Olive oil is by far the best tasting oil to use in this recipe. However, you may substitute another neutral oil like avocado oil or canola oil if you don’t have any olive oil on hand!
- Sugar. I use organic cane sugar in this Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe, however I have also used honey in place of sugar with delicious results!
- Sesame Seeds. The sesame seeds are critical to the overall flavor of this dressing, however you can substitute the 1 TBS of seeds with 1 TBS of tahini (which is sesame seed paste) with great results!
- Dried Mustard. Another important component of this dressing (and a spice I always keep on hand). But if you don’t, you can use your favorite variety of prepared mustard.
- Garlic Powder. Minced garlic can be used in place of garlic powder if desired! I have done this with great results!
- Chopped Onion. Onion powder can be used in place of fresh onion, however I don’t prefer this substitution and it takes away from the flavor a bit!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM JOYFOODSUNSHINE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! ALSO, FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE AND TWITTER FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR EVERYDAY LIFE!
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- Put all ingredients except water into the container of your Vitamix Blender.
- Blend, starting on low speed and increasing to high for 15-30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add water and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Use on your favorite salad or store in the refrigerator to use later.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!