Slow-Cooker Thai Coconut Ground Turkey Recipe! An easy, healthy & flavorful main dish make in the slow-cooker! It’s gluten & dairy-free and perfect for busy weeknights!
And If I’m not eating chocolate or peanut butter, my next cuisine of choice is Asian food! I love that typical Asian ingredients like hoisin sauce, coconut milk, garlic, ginger etc. are rich in flavor and still healthy! Slow-cooking the turkey in this recipe ensure that it’s thoroughly infused with a Thai coconut flavor that won’t disappoint!
I adore easy healthy crockpot recipes like this Thai Slow-Cooker Ground Turkey! I really couldn’t live without my slow-cooker.
I love that feeling….when 4 o’clock rolls around and I panic because I need to start making dinner. Then I remember that it’s already set to go and waiting to be devoured in my crock pot! Woo Hoo!
How to make Slow-Cooker Ground Turkey
This Thai Slow-Cooker Ground Turkey is crazy easy to make!
- Make the sauce. Simply whisk your sauce together inside of your slow-cooker and set aside!
- Brown the turkey. Brown your ground turkey & onion and then add it to the sauce! This is a key step because browning the turkey adds both texture and flavor!
- Cook in the slow cooker! Cook on high for at least two hours!
- Add Vegetables. After the turkey has cooked in the sauce for a while, add in the veggies of your choice! I use bell peppers and edamame…but really the sky’s the limit! 🙂
- Thicken the sauce. At this point I add a mixture of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce, but that’s totally optional if you’d prefer it to be thinner!
- Cook for 1 more hour! Then cook everything together for at least 1 hour longer, or until your veggies are cooked and your sauce is thickened to your liking!
Here are a few delicious ways to serve this Thai Slow-Cooker Ground Turkey (other than all by itself, of course!
- Serve it over Noodles or vegetable noddles of your choice( zucchini, sweet potato, etc).
- Enjoy it with rice of any kind (white, brown, cauliflower, etc)
- Over a salad
- Stuffed inside a sweet potato
Thai Slow-Cooker Ground Turkey: Substitutions
Here are a few potential substituions for this healthy slow cooker turkey recipe!
- Ground turkey. Ground chicken or beef work well in this recipe too!
- Soy sauce. For a paleo version use coconut aminos.
- Brown sugar. Any granulated sugar works well in this recipe! Use coconut sugar for a healthier option! Honey also works really well!
- Powdered garlic. Fresh minced garlic can be substituted for powdered.
- Powdered ginger. Fresh minced ginger can be substituted for ginger powder.
- Bell Peppers & Edamame. use any of your favorite vegetables of choice! Sometimes I even put sweet potatoes in the dish!
- Cornstarch. Arrowroot or tapioca starch work perfectly in this recipe too!
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations! Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below! Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter for more recipe inspiration and a glimpse into our everyday life!
Thai Slow-Cooker Ground Turkey
Slow-Cooker Thai Coconut Ground Turkey Recipe! An easy, healthy & flavorful main dish make in the slow-cooker! It's gluten & dairy-free and perfect for busy weeknights!
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, sesame oil, powdered ginger & garlic powder to your slow cooker. Whisk together until smooth. Set slow cooker off to the side.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil. Add ground turkey and onion and cook until turkey is browned on all sides (about 10 minutes).
- Add your turkey/onion mixture to the crock pot and cook on high for at least 2 hours.
- After two hours, add diced peppers (or any color of your choosing) and edamame
- Mix together cornstarch and water, add to crock pot and cook on high for at least 1 hour.
- Once veggies are cooked to your liking and sauce is thick, serve over rice or noodles!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!