Easy, healthy Baked Zucchini Corn Fritters! Loaded with vegetables these delicious fritters are gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan! They are baked & not fried but still taste amazing!
Say hello to these Baked Zucchini Corn Fritters!
They are a delicious summer side dish, and served with a giant salad, make an amazing meatless meal! They are easy, healthy and packed full of summer produce!
How to make Healthy Zucchini Corn Fritters
Baked – Not Fried
I am terrible at frying food! I have tried so many times and always wind up with an end product that is completely inedible! I am not sure exactly why, but I am definitely not going to be crowned the reigning food-frying queen any time soon…which is why I am happy to report that these fritters are baked and not fried!
Grease pan generously. Generously grease your baking pan with olive oil to prevent sticking. I recommend measuring out 1 TBS of olive oil and using your fingers to spread it all over the pan. So this recipe calls for a mere 1 TBS over a vat full of hot oil, yay!
EASY Zucchini Corn Cakes
These Baked Zucchini Corn Fritters are so simple! Simply mix together the ingredients, and plop portions of dough from 2 TBS to 1/4 cup onto the greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for 10 minutes more and presto, you have delicious (and healthy) corn fritters without the hassle of frying! Total win!
Blend, if desired.
If you have picky eaters who will turn up their nose at eating something with green flecks in it, feel free to blend the zucchini with your milk of choice until it’s smooth. This will cause your healthy zucchini fritters to be slightly green in color, but for some strange reason my kids are OK with eating green food, but not food with flecks of green inside! LOL!
Baked Zucchini Corn Fritters: Substitutions
- All-purpose flour. These healthy zucchini fritters are easily made gluten-free by substituting the flour for your favorite gluten-free, all-purpose baking flour!
- Milk. Make these healthy zucchini corn fritters dairy-free and vegan by using plant-based milk. I recommend unsweetened, plain almond milk!
- Corn. Fresh corn cut from the Cobb or frozen corn kernels that have been thawed work perfectly in this recipe!
Baked Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Generously grease a baking pan with olive oil, spreading it around with a spatula or your fingers until the entire surface is well-coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and granulated sugar.
- Add milk and stir until the mixture is smooth and there aren’t any lumps.
- Add corn and zucchini and stir until evenly mixed in.
- Drop ¼ cup portions (for large fritters) onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, spray the uncooked side gently with cooking spray (I recommend this).
- Carefully flip each fritter (they should be dark/golden brown on the first side) and sprinkle the browned side with a touch of sea salt.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until second side is golden brown.
- Serve warm over a salad or as a side dish for your favorite BBQ fare!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!