These Cashew & Coconut Energy Balls are made with only SIX ingredients and come together in 5 minutes! They the perfect healthy snack recipe to bring with you to the park or pool this summer! They’re paleo & vegan!
My last pregnancy changed my taste buds forever. There are many foods I once enjoyed that I no longer do (more on that later)….but much more noteworthy are the foods that I used to feel nothing about that are now the center of my world.
On food that used to repulse me, but I now can’t live without is coconut. I couldn’t even eat something with coconut oil in it. True Story. But now….in the glorious present I crave coconut all.the.time. I don’t know how I ever lived without it. I created this Coconut Energy Balls recipe because I wanted a healthy snack that was sweet but not chocolatey, filled with lots and lots of coconut.
How to make Coconut Energy Balls
1. Use a Food Processor
These balls are so easy to make. Toss the ingredients into a food processor and let the magic happen.
2. Process Dates first
I always process my dates first for two reasons. 1) I like to make sure there are no surprise pits in them and 2) they take the longest to blend well so getting them started first ensures you won’t over-process these coconut date energy balls!
Coconut Energy Balls: Substitutions
- Cashews. I don’t recommend substituting the cashews (if you want a different energy ball recipe try these or these). But a combination of 1 cup of any nuts will work.
- Almond butter. Feel free to substitute whatever type of nut/seed butter you prefer.
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations! Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below! Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter for more recipe inspiration and a glimpse into our everyday life!
Cashew Coconut Energy Balls
These Cashew & Coconut Energy Balls are made with only SIX ingredients and come together in 5 minutes! They the perfect healthy snack recipe to bring with you to the park or pool this summer!
- Process dates in a food processor fit with “S” blade until crumbly.
- Add coconut, cashews, vanilla and salt and process until well blended and fine.
- Add almond butter and process until mixture starts balling up or sticking together.
- Roll into balls, 1-2 TBS at a time.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!