These Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Nest Cookies are made with only 8 good-for-you ingredients ready in 15 minutes! They’re the perfect treat to celebrate Easter!
Watch out world! I turned one of my favorite treats into a vehicle for one of my favorite candies! I created this Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Nest Cookies recipe as a fun treat I could make with my kids for Easter!
Does anyone else feel like there’s a new holiday every week?! St. Patty’s Day, Pi day, national [insert every food on the planet] day, now Easter! I love celebrating special days with my kids , and I’m always looking for ways to make them super fun…most of which usually involve food! I’m not crafty (at all), but I can make a cookie or a pancake look like just about anything…#bossmom.
Many celebratory recipes include lots of sugar and butter. I have nothing against those two ingredients in moderation, however with the sheer volume of things to celebrate in life I have found fun ways to party with food that won’t make
me my kids act like sugar monsters from the black lagoon! That’s where these Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Nest Cookies come in!
They’re made with only eight (yes 8!) healthy ingredients and are ready in 15 minutes! They are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free AND vegan! Wow! If you’re not interested in making them into cute little nests…you can just plop them into whatever shape you desire then let them meet their maker (YOUR mouth).
How to make No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Nest Cookies
- Lay out all your ingredients/tools! Make sure you line a large baking sheet with waxed paper and have your TBS measure all ready to go before you start no-baking! Once the cookies are finished cooking on the stovetop you will need to move quickly to shape them into nests!
- Chill. Chill the cookies before adding the chocolate eggs (or jelly beans, or candy of your choice) so that they do not melt!
- Store. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Coconut oil has a low melting point, so if the cookies get too warm they will start melting!
Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Nest Cookies: Substitutions
There are only 8 ingredients in this recipe, and there aren’t many ingredients I’d recommend changing! But here are two possible substitutions.
- Peanut Butter. Any nut or seed butter works great in this recipe!
- Coconut oil. Butter or ghee can be used as a substitute for coconut oil! Just be sure to choose a fat source that complies with your dietary needs!
- Honey. For a vegan version, use maple syrup!
- Coconut. If coconut isn’t your thing (sad), you can simply increase the amount of oats by 1/4 cup and leave it out entirely!
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations! Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below! Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter for more recipe inspiration and a glimpse into our everyday life!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Nests
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, honey salt and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat until combined.
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add quick-cooking oats and mix well.
- Add coconut and stir until completely combined.
- Drop 1 TBS portions of mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Press into the shape of nests. Continue until you’ve used all your cookie mixture.
- Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened. Top with your favorite candy eggs.
- Serve cool or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
This post was originally published on March 24th, 2016 but has been updated with new photos and a video!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!