Honey Oatmeal Bread
Posted Apr 04, 2016, Updated Jun 15, 2023
This honey oatmeal bread is an easy, healthy and delicious loaf of bread that your whole family will love! Perfect for sandwiches, toast, etc.
I have been making this Honey Oatmeal Bread recipe for as long as I can remember. It has the perfect blend of whole wheat and all-purpose flour.
The oats increase the fiber content and give it a chewy texture that can’t be beat. Honey gives it a touch of sweetness and the 1 TBS of oil keeps it moist, light and dairy-free!
I don’t remember ever having to eat store-bought bread as a child. Our dad used to make homemade bread all the time (shout out to our dad). The only catch was…he never let us cut into the loaf until it was completely cooled. To me, not being able to eat a warm, steaming slice of that bready goodness I had been smelling all day long was a form of torture. You better believe that the first loaf of bread I made after I got married was cut into and devoured immediately after being removed from the oven.
So many people are hesitant to try yeast breads. I’m here to tell you it’s so easy. And once you give it a whirl you will never be able to buy a loaf at the store again especially with this Honey Oatmeal Bread recipe.
Honey Oatmeal Bread Recipe FAQs
It depends on the kind of grain. Oats are very healthy and are higher than wheat in soluble fiber, which helps with blood sugar and cholesterol.
Most oatmeal bread has a lot of wheat in it. However, you can buy gluten-free oats.
It allows bread to rise because it feeds on sugar which results in it producing carbon dioxide.
More Delicious Recipes
- Try these other bread recipes: Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread, Healthy Banana Bread, or this Best Cornbread Recipe.
- Love Oatmeal? Try this Baked Oatmeal Recipe.
If you make and love our recipes, it would mean so much to me if you would leave a comment and rating! And don’t forget to follow along with us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Youtube – be sure to tag @joyfoodsunshine and use the hashtag #joyfoodsunshine so we can your creations!
Honey Oatmeal Bread
- Add warm water, honey and yeast to a small bowl. Set it aside for 5-10 minutes until it is proofed (becomes frothy).
- Add all wet ingredients (including yeast mixture) to the bowl of your kitchen aid mixer or to a regular bowl, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and knead with dough hook (or hands) for 5-10 minutes until dough is elastic and not sticky.
- Oil a bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place, covered with a damp tea towel, until doubled in size.
- Gently press the air out of the dough and transfer it to a greased 8” x 4” bread pan. Optional—press some rolled oats on top of your dough so it looks pretty after baking.
- Cover your bread pan with a damp tea towel and put it in a warm place to rise until doubled (about 1 hour). During this rise, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once dough has doubled in size, bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until bread is lightly browned and makes a hollow sound when hit with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from pan and set on a wire rack to cool. Cover bread with a towel to seal in moisture and make a soft crust.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
The links in this post are affiliate links, thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine.