Top 10 Recipes (Best of JoyFoodSunshine)
Posted Dec 27, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These are the Top 10 Recipes of all-time here on JoyFoodSunshine, plus the top 10 recipes by year. These are the best, quick & easy, delicious recipes that turn out perfectly every single time.
I’m grateful for each and every one of you who has made our recipes and taken the time to tell us how much you love them.
I’m truly humbled that in a small way, I get to be part of your holidays, traditions, and regular weekdays when you prepare the recipes I work so hard to create.
These are the top 10 most-viewed, most-commented on, most-made recipes on JoyFoodSunshine. If you can see a pretty steady theme in your favorites (and mine) they are simple recipes with short ingredient lists that still taste incredible! Let’s jump in!
This recipe sneaking in at number 10, is made with only 3 ingredients in 5 minutes. It’s worlds better than canned, store-bought varieties.
Coming in at #9 is this no-knead bread! It is made with only 4 ingredients and takes 5 minutes of prep time!
If you want to make delicious homemade bread that looks & tastes like it came from a fancy bakery but actually takes very little effort, this dutch oven bread recipe is for you!
8. The Best Green Smoothie
I drink a green smoothie every single day. This green smoothie recipe post includes a recipe for the best, simple green smoothie as well as all of my tips and tricks for making smoothies. Also, check out my list of the best smoothie recipes.
This was one of the first recipes I posted when I started my website in 2016. I make this recipe at least twice a month, usually more. I’m so glad all of you love it as much as I do.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (better than P.F. Chang’s)! A quick (less than 30 minutes), easy, and healthy dinner that tastes delicious! Gluten and dairy-free!
(This is technically not a salad, although I guess there is lettuce haha, but I loved this woman’s comment so much I had to choose it)!
6. Puppy Chow
This recipe is one of the desserts I make the most often. It’s easy and so, so good. I created my own, unique method to make the best puppy chow, loaded with peanut butter and chocolate so you get lots of delicious “clumps” of muddy buddies (no thinly coated cereal pieces here).
The Best Puppy Chow Recipe (AKA: Muddy Buddies) ever! Only 4 ingredients (no butter) and a few minutes results in an irresistible dessert loaded with chocolate and peanut butter! The perfect sweet treat to feed a crowd!
I worked hard for many years to create this recipe for the best homemade cinnamon rolls that are even better than Cinnabon. We make them every year on Christmas morning and for most of my kids’ birthdays!
These gooey cinnamon rolls are topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting! They’re easy to make and can be prepared the day before and left to rise overnight in the refrigerator.
Another easy recipe we make weekly for our pizza nights! It’s so easy my 8 year old son makes it all by himself.
It’s fitting that this Chicago gal knows how to make pizza, and that two of our top 10 recipes are ones that we make every week for family pizza nights!
This easy Homemade Pizza Dough recipe yields the best pizza in 30 minutes from start to finish! It’s made with only 5 ingredients and does not require any rising (although you can let it rise for a thicker crust)!
If there’s a household whose children request mac and cheese more than ours, I’d be surprised! 😉 This recipe was my remedy to using boxed varieties, and my kids like it even better than store-bought.
This Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe is made with 8 ingredients in 15 minutes on the stovetop (no baking required)! Time to ditch the boxed mac and cheese for this irresistibly creamy, smooth & cheesy homemade recipe!
With thousands of 5-star reviews and even more lovely comments, you can rest assured that you won’t find an easier, tastier chocolate chip cookie recipe than this one. It’s a beloved recipe in my house and I’m grateful for how many of you have made them a special part of your family as well.
This is the best chocolate chip cookies recipe ever! No funny ingredients, no chilling time, etc. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, doughy yet still fully cooked, chocolate chip cookie that turns out perfectly every single time!
Top Recipes of 2021
I also want to share which recipes were trending every year! I’ll start with 2021. These were the 10 most popular recipes this year (after the top-10 of all time, of course.)
- Best Cut Out Sugar Cookies – perfect for every holiday and season (pumpkins in the fall, hearts for Valentine’s day, and of course Christmas cookies) – they’re truly special!
- Dirt Cake – one of the most delicious and easiest desserts out there. My daughter asks for it for her birthday instead of cake!
- Egg Casserole – a healthy, no fuss casserole made with eggs, veggies and meat (optional). No milk or bread.
- Roasted Beets – The best way to roast beets (in some balsamic vinegar).
- Roasted Broccoli – I make this recipe at least once a week, sometimes twice. It works well with fresh and frozen broccoli.
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds – always super popular the days before and after Halloween (for obvious reasons).
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes – our favorite pancake recipe for sure. We make them all the time (often with added mini chocolate chips).
- Cinnamon Honey Butter – good on rolls, waffles, etc. You name it you will want to slater this heavenly butter on it.
- Best Pumpkin Pie – made from scratch and the best you will ever try!
- Stovetop Cinnamon apples – this is a very easy recipe that can be used as a healthy dessert. I make them to feed my babies so they can enjoy apples without choking!
Laura’s favorite recipes
I needed to add a special section of my favorite recipes. Some of them are already on this list, but my top 5 favorites are:
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars. I have eaten one of these every day for longer than I care to admit. I even make them and take them on vacation when we travel. This was the first recipe I posted on my site.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie. I drink one of these for breakfast alongside my breakfast bars.
- Flourless Brownies. When I need a quick dessert to serve a crowd I make these. They are healthier but no one can tell.
- Slow cooker chicken chili. I make this every time I need to bring a meal to a friend. I have two crockpots so I can make a double batch – one to feed our family and one to give away. It’s healthy, easy and freezes well – so it’s a nice change from the heavy meals like pastas and casseroles most people bring.
- Banana Bread. This classic banana bread recipe is the best and one we make often.
Pin this post:
If you make and love our recipes, it would mean so much to me if you would leave a comment and rating! And don’t forget to follow along with us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Youtube – be sure to tag @joyfoodsunshine and use the hashtag #joyfoodsunshine so we can your creations!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!