This Beet & Pomegranate Smoothie with spinach is a beautiful and healthy breakfast recipe that utilizes the best winter produce! It’s paleo, & vegan with no refined sugar!
When you think of Christmas I’m guessing smoothies aren’t the first food to come to mind. I totally get that, but hear me out! Around here we drink smoothies all year long! I love creating yummy blends with both fruits and colors that encompass the current season. This Beet & Pomegranate Smoothie with spinach includes two of my most favorite winter produce items…beets and pomegranates! Plus, doesn’t the color just scream “Christmas?!”
I am totally into special occasion breakfasts. I love a pile of french toast or a giant cinnamon roll as much as the next person. However, the number of special celebratory days in December can get a little out of hand. There are tree lightings, visits with Santa and holiday parties etc. etc.
This Beet & Pomegranate Green Smoothie is a super fun & healthy breakfast that won’t leave you too sugared out to enjoy the rest of the treats that make Christmas so special. It’s loaded with antioxidants, fiber, fruits and veggies so you can start the day energized! Plus, if you give it a fancy name like Santa Slush or Rudolph Fuel your kids will totally buy in and love it. When I served it to my tribe Gabe exclaimed, “Mom this is so good! Can you make it every day?!” Sure Gabe, I’d be happy to… 🙂
Beet & Pomegranate Smoothie: Method & Substitutions
This recipe is literally as easy as putting all your ingredients in your blender and turning it on! Nothing fancy and it takes like 3 minutes to make! As always, I recommend using a Vitamix to make this beauty.
Here are are few possible substitutions that could be made to this recipe! Thankfully smoothies are always so customizable!
- Almond milk. My milk of choice when it comes to smoothie making is always unsweetened vanilla almond milk. You can literally substitute any milk of choice in this recipe and it’ll still turn out fantastic! Just be sure to choose an option that complies with your dietary needs.
- Honey. If you like your smoothies a bit more tart you can absolutely omit the honey. I have found that in order for my kids to love smoothies I need to add at least 1 TBS of honey. Feel free to use maple syrup to keep it vegan!
- Spinach. Any leafy greens work well in this recipe! I suggest spinach if you want them to be undetectable!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM JOYFOODSUNSHINE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! ALSO, FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR EVERYDAY LIFE!
Beet & Pomegranate Smoothie
- Place all ingredients into the container of your Vitamix (or other high-powered blender).
- Blend starting on low speed and increasing to high for 60-90 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour and serve immediately!
More of our favorite smoothie recipes:
- This is the best green smoothie ever!
- I drink this chocolate peanut butter green smoothie every day!
- This citrus green smoothie is great for winter!
- Have extra zucchini? Make this creamy zucchini smoothie!
- You won’t be able to resist this strawberry banana smoothie!
- Want sunshine in a glass? Try this mango smoothie recipe and one sip of this pineapple smoothie will transport you to some beach, somewhere!
- My favorite chocolate peanut butter green smoothie.
- Try something different and make smoothie bowls!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!