Healthy Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe! 5 minutes & 5 ingredients results in the most delicious dressing ever! It’s Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar free & vegan!
Happy Monday! I hope you all had an amazing weekend celebrating your Mommas Or being celebrated if you are a momma! Or both! 🙂
Today I’m sharing how to make this healthy & delicious Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe! This dressing literally takes 3 minutes to make and only contains five ingredients! It’s a healthy and delicious way to make any salad taste amazing.
Why Should you make Homemade Salad Dressing?
- No Chemicals! We eat a LOT of salad in this house. If I had to estimate, I’d say that we it a salad with dinner 5 out of 7 nights a week. As a result, I make this dressing all.the.time. It adds rich flavor to your salad while skipping all the chemicals & sugars found in many store-bought dressings.
- MUCH Healthier! This Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette is made using healthy oil, natural sweetener, and high-quality balsamic vinegar! It is completely dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan & paleo!
- Easy & Convenient! Once you give this a try & see just how easy it is to make your own dressing at home…you will never have to worry about running to the store for the bottled stuff ever again!
How to make Balsamic Vinaigrette
I (almost) feel bad calling this a recipe. Mixing a few ingredients in a glass jar and shaking it up seems too easy to document it. However, I want to share all the little parts of my kitchen with you…especially the easy ones! Because I want you to know that eating healthy IS easy! You can make healthy foods at home in less time than it takes to run to the store!
There are really only a few steps that go into making this Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe:
1. Add ingredients to a jar.
Literally that is the first and major step. In these photos I used a regular glass jar, however I have this Salad Dressing Mixer Jar and I LOVE it! It is almost always sitting in my fridge with some variety of homemade dressing or another (usually this healthy balsamic vinaigrette)!
2. Shake it up!
Next we get fancy and shake the jar to incorporate the ingredients! 😉 Once again, so easy!
There is not resting or waiting time needed between mixing and serving! So go right ahead and pour this balsamic vinaigrette over your favorite salad!
4. Double or tripling the recipe.
I find that this recipe makes enough for a medium-sized crowd! But if you are serving more people, it is very easy to double or even triple this healthy balsamic vinaigrette recipe!
How to store homemade salad dressing:
Store this balsamic vinaigrette in one of the aforementioned glass containers in the refrigerator. It keeps for up to two weeks in the refrigerator, although it never lasts that long in my house! 🙂
Make sure to remove it from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving, then give it a good shake to re-incorporate all the ingredients (which can separate when chilled)!
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette: Ingredients & Substituions
This Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette is my favorite dressing! However, I do have to pause for a moment to implore you to use high-quality ingredients when making this recipe.
- Balsamic Vinegar. There is a difference between excellent balsamic vinegar and your run-of-the-mill varieties. As I’ve discussed before, traditional balsamic vinegar should be so thick that it pours like syrup. It should be dark brown and taste sweet. It should most definitely NOT be thin, watery, or sour-tasting. My absolute favorite balsamic vinegar in the entire world can be found here. If you haven’t tried true, aged, high-quality balsamic vinegar yet, please please give it a whirl! You will NOT be disappointed!
- Olive oil. The same holds true for high-quality olive oil! One way I enjoy mixing this recipe up is using flavor-infused olive oils instead of plain! They really add an extra special flavor!
- Mustard. Any variety of mustard works well in this recipe!
- Maple syrup. Pure maple syrup is my favorite way to sweeten this homemade salad dressing recipe, because it really imparts a beautiful flavor. However honey is also a great choice!
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette (Paleo)
- Add ingredients into a glass container or jar (with a lid) in the order listed.
- Shake jar vigorously until completely combined.
- Serve on your favorite salad or store in the refrigerator to use later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine! 🙂