Today we are going to make homemade Paleo Powdered Sugar! I have a few recipes on my list of favorites that call for powdered sugar! Even though sometimes I just go ahead and use the regular-old processed variety…I never love how I feel after I eat it! So I set out to create this recipe and I’m so glad that I get to share it with you! In less than 5 minutes you can make your own powdered sugar that has no refined sugar, no artificial ingredients, no fillers and it’s vegan!
You only need three things to make this Paleo Powdered Sugar! A Vitamix, coconut sugar and tapioca flour! Start by measuring out your coconut sugar and tapioca flour and adding them to your Vitamix.
Next, blend on high speed for 30-60 seconds, or until your mixture is fluffy and has the consistency of powdered sugar! Let it settle for at least 30 seconds before removing the top, otherwise you run the risk of inhaling a cloud of powdered sugary fumes! 🙂
Here are some possible substitutions. Just be sure that you choose ingredients that meet your dietary needs! Also remember color and texture will vary depending on the sugar you choose! Coconut sugar is my favorite unrefined granulated option, but maple sugar sounds pretty darn delicious!
- Any other granulated sugar for coconut sugar (e.g. date sugar, sucanant, organic cane sugar, raw sugar, maple sugar, etc).
- Cornstarch or arrowroot powder for tapioca flour.
Paleo Powdered Sugar
- Add coconut sugar and tapioca flour to your Vitamix.
- Start blending on low speed and gradually increase to high.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds, or until your mixture obtains a fluffy, powdery consistency (like powdered sugar), and is light brown in color.
- Let the mixture settle in your Vitamix for at least 30 seconds before removing the top!
- Remove from blender and use in your favorite dessert!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe produces a 1:1 yield of coconut sugar: powdered sugar.
We had an amazing weekend! We played in the pool, took the kids to the zoo (SO fun) and spent some time with friends! Unfortunately, my sweet Naomi wasn’t so sweet, and this momma didn’t get to see the fireworks. :*( I’m still super sad that I had to miss such a precious experience with Gabe and Bethany…but if I had to pick one word that sums up motherhood (besides joy) it’s sacrifice.
How was your 4th of July (or Canada Day) celebration?! What did you do to have fun?!
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations! #joyfoodsunshine
Pin me for later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!