Zucchini Banana Pancakes! A super easy & healthy breakfast recipe made in your blender! Full of fruit, sneaky veggies and oats! Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar free!
As you already know, I’m all about sneaky veggies. I want my kids to love eating vgetables, and usually they do! But for days when you don’t feel like being the veggie-eating-police, kid-friendly recipes that include a hearty serving of greens are a must.
These Zucchini Banana Pancakes are amazing! Seriously! They are fluffy and flavorful! Plus they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free and full of nutritious ingredients!
How to make Zucchini Banana Pancakes
1. Use a Vitamix!
These Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are another made-in-the-Vitamix creation. When I add veggies to a recipe I like to blend them so well that the only way their presence can be detected is by the color of the final product. BONUS, you score mom points for serving colored food! Woo Hoo!
2. Make oat flour
Grind the oats in your blender to make oat flour. It really takes a few seconds to do this! It’s amazing how quickly you can take a pantry staple, like old-fashioned oats, and turn it into a delicious gluten-free flour!
3. Mix dry ingredients
Transfer the oat flour from the Vitamix into a small bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients, then set it aside!
4. Blend wet ingredients
Next, put all the wet ingredients, except for the egg, into the container of your Vitamix and blend them until they’re smooth.
5. Add dry ingredients to the blender
After the wet mixture is smooth, add the dry ingredients to the Vitamix and blend well. Finally, add the egg and pulse until it’s just combined. The batter should be smooth and just a little thick. If it seems too thick for you, add extra milk 1 TBS at a time!
6. Use a griddle to cook the Zucchini Banana Pancakes
Next, heat up that griddle and start cooking! I love using a griddle because I can make at least 8 Zucchini Banana Pancakes at once so it saves time (something I never seem to have enough of, especially in the mornings)!
Cook the Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Pancakes on the first side for about 3-5 minutes. Once you see the edges start to harden and little bubbles begin to form in the batter, flip them over! Cook on the second side for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from skillet and dive right in!
- I topped these Zucchini Banana Pancakes with a 1:1 mixture of warm peanut butter and maple syrup! Oh my word it was to DIE for! Just combine equal amounts of maple syrup and peanut butter and gently warm the mixture until the peanut butter is completely melted. YUM.
- These healthy blender pancakes can also be served with pure maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, almond butter, whipped cream, etc. The Sky’s the limit!
Zucchini Banana Pancakes: Substitutions
- Old-fashioned oats. If you do not have a high-powered blender, you can buy pre-made oat flour and substitute it 1:1 for the old-fashioned oats!
- Almond meal/flour. If you have a nut allergy or don’t keep this ingredient on hand, simply increase the old fashioned oats by 1/4 cup.
- Almond milk. Any type of milk works excellently in this recipe. I have used almond milk, an almond/coconut milk blend, and regular 2% milk with great results!
- Coconut sugar: any granulated sugar works perfectly in this Zucchini Banana pancake recipe!
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations! Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below! Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter for more recipe inspiration and a glimpse into our everyday life!
Zucchini Banana Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup almond meal/flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBS coconut sugar*
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 cup almond milk regular milk works as well
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg**
- Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips blueberries, cinnamon chips, sprinkles, etc.
- Heat a large griddle to 350 degrees F.
- Put oats into the container of your blender (Vitamix preferred) and blend on high until they are the consistency of flour (20-30 seconds). Pour into a small bowl.
- Add your almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and coconut sugar to the oat flour and set aside.
- Put your grated zucchini, almond milk, banana and vanilla in your blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to your Vitamix and blend on medium speed until combined.
- Add the egg and blend until just combined.
- When your griddle is hot and batter is ready, grease it with oil or non-stick spray.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions of batter onto the greased griddle. Cook pancakes for 3-5 minutes, until the batter starts to bubble and the edges get firm.
- Flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!
**For vegan option: mix 1 TBS ground flaxseed with 2.5 TBS hot water. Let sit for 5 minutes until gelatinous. Use in recipe in place of egg.
If batter is too thick, add extra milk 1 TBS at a time until it reaches your desired consistency!
OooOoo that peanut butter & maple syrup combo is legit
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!