Today I’m sharing a recipe with you that has been 2 years in the making. These Healthy Peanut Butter Bondies are a dessert you can feel great about eating! As you know by now…I always have some sort of healthy dessert on hand or just coming out of the oven in my house. I have this habit that I
can’t don’t want to kick, of sitting down and having a legit dessert every night after dinner. However, I would like to live past 45, so I love making treats that taste indulgent but are actually good for you! One of my favorite ways to achieve this goal is by using beans in my baked goods!
This recipe uses chickpeas instead of flour and peanut butter in place of butter or oil. I know what you’re thinking, there are so many chickpea peanut butter recipes out there, what makes this one different? I’ve tried (and liked) many of those recipes, but there’s something about this one that just did it for me. I really love the combination of honey and coconut sugar as a sweetener, and the addition of 1 TBS of almond milk really made the texture perfect! This recipe ended my search for a delicious, healthy, peanut butter cookie that’s high in protein and fiber!
These blondies are also vegan-friendly (no eggs)! So you can (and will want to!) lick that Vitamix clean without a care in the world! Yay! I love adding a touch of sea salt to the top of these before baking them….you can’t go wrong with sweet and salty!
This recipe is SO easy! You literally toss everything (except your chocolate chips) into your Vitamix (or other high-powered blender or food processor) and blend away! It takes 5 minutes to put together and 30 minutes to bake. You can have a delicious dessert ready to go in no time!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey (can substitute maple syrup for a vegan option)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 TBS almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- extra sea salt & chocolate chips for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" or 9" glass baking pan and set aside.
- Put all ingredients except for chocolate chips into your blender (Vitamix) or food processor. I highly recommend a great blender like the Vitamix so you get a perfectly smooth consistency.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Once smooth, add chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and sea salt on top.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-30 mintues until the edges just pull away from the pan, the top is set and slightly golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes, then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can eat them cold or warm in the microwave for 15 seconds to regain the fresh-from-the-oven deliciousness!
If you’re wondering what happened to my freezer….my superman of a husband saved the day again! He found a hose that was disconnected, which had been causing a slow and steady leak for a while, and was also the reason it wasn’t keeping things frozen! So he fixed the hose, made sure the freezer was level, and now it’s alive and kicking better than ever! Hallelujah! 🙂 I’m so thankful for my wonderful neighbor, who let me store whatever I could salvage in her freezer while my husband fixed ours!
My little sister comes to visit TOMORROW! I know I just visited her like a month ago…but that was without my kids! Before she goes out of the country for a while she wants to see my babies (I mean, who could blame her? They’re the best)! 🙂 I can’t wait to spend a couple of days with her! There’s nothing like loving, and being loved by a sister…especially one as amazing as mine! 🙂
Comment below and let me know…have you tried baking with beans?! If so, how did you like it?
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations! #joyfoodsunshine
Pin me for later! 🙂
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!