This easy, healthy and deliciously creamy Avocado Pasta Sauce recipe is made with 5 ingredients and is ready in under 5 minutes! This avocado sauce is made in the Vitamix blender and is perfect to serve over noodles, zucchini noodles, rice, or your favorite veggies!
This post is sponsored by my friends at Vitamix. As always, all opinions are my own!
Avocados. Is there any other food as perfect and versatile as an avocado? Guacamole? Yes Please. Creamy smoothies? Always. Avocado Pasta Sauce? Yes and YES! This recipe is one of my all-time, got-to favorites that has had its place in my kitchen for quite some time now!
So what’s so great about this avocado pasta sauce recipe?! Let me tell you…it’s made with 5, good-for-you ingredients and is ready in under 5 minutes! It’s the perfect dish for an easy, back-to-school, weeknight dinner because it’s made in the Vitamix blender….which means it requires NO cooking!
This avocado sauce recipe is also super nutritious! It’s paleo, vegan, and has no gluten, dairy or sugar! It’s loaded with healthy fats which is perfect for our kids’ cute little developing brains (and mommy’s hair and skin)! 😉
How do you make creamy Avocado Pasta Sauce?
As always, we will chat about how to make this recipe step-by-step! It’s insanely simple, so there’s not much to remark on, but I will give you all the tips and tricks I can!
- Use a Vitamix. I chose to use the awesome self-detect blending cups because of the small batch size of this avocado pasta sauce recipe! However feel free to use whatever container you have to make it! If you do not have a Vitamix, you could use a food processor, the sauce just won’t be as creamy!
- Make sure liquid ingredients go in first. If you are using a regular container, adding the liquid ingredients first makes blending easier. If using these self-detect blending cups, adding the liquid in last is actually better because after putting the lid on, the cup gets flipped upside down and placed onto the Vitamix base!
- Stop and stir. Depending on the size of your container, you may need to stop, scrape down the sides, and then continue blending. This is totally normal!
- Choose the consistency. the length of time you choose to blend this avocado sauce recipe will determine the amount of chunks of basil present. I like to leave a few because they are pretty and delicious. But if you have kids who will try to pick them all out because eating anything leafy and green is out of the question, I recommend blending until the sauce is completely smooth!
And that’s it! See how easy it is to make this avocado pasta sauce?!
What to serve with Avocado Pasta Sauce
The possibilities are truly endless! But here are a few suggestions:
- Serve it over your favorite pasta or gluten-free pasta!
- Toss your favorite zucchini noodles (or any other veggie noodles) with this avocado sauce!
- Mix it into rice or cauliflower rice for a great side dish!
- Use it as a creamy dressing for your favorite green salad!
- My personal preference: I eat this avocado pasta sauce recipe most often with this recipe for balsamic sausage and peppers.
You really can’t go wrong when it comes to serving this avocado pasta sauce recipe, because it adds so much flavor using minimal, healthy ingredients! I can’t think of one person who wouldn’t be able to eat this sauce unless they were awesome-intolerant. Even my kids love it!
Avocado Pasta Sauce: Ingredients and Substitutions
- Avocados. This recipe calls for two, medium avocados. If you can only find the very large ones, one should do! I do not recommend making any substitutions for avocado…as it is the very essence of this avocado pastas sauce recipe! 😉
- Fresh Basil. I personally do not think this is optional, and I do not recommend making any substitutions. If you must, dried basil could be used…but it will drastically change the taste of the sauce (but it will still be great)!
- Olive Oil. Avocado oil can be used in place of olive oil with great results! If you enjoy fancy olive oils…garlic flavored, herb flavored, etc. feel free to get creative and use your favorite!
- Lemon Juice. Fresh or bottled works great!
- Minced Garlic. I often substitute garlic powder for the minced garlic. If you loveeee garlic then feel free to add more to suit your tastes!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM JOYFOODSUNSHINE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! ALSO, FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE AND TWITTER FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR EVERYDAY LIFE!
Avocado Pasta Sauce with Fresh Basil
Here are some more of our favorite pasta dishes:
- Cheesy Sausage Gnocchi is made on repeat around here.
- This Pizza Casserole is one of my family’s favorite meals!
- I LOVE this pesto pasta, and make it all summer long!
- This tomato and zucchini pasta sauce is a great sauce to use in this recipe!
- This tortellini bake is so cozy and comforting!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!