Cinnamon Honey Butter (Texas Roadhouse CopyCat)
Posted May 05, 2019, Updated Nov 06, 2023
This Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe is made with 5 ingredients in less than 5 minutes, and it’s even better than Texas Roadhouse butter! It tastes delicious on rolls, pancakes, waffles, muffins, banana bread, toast, etc.
Once you make this cinnamon honey butter you will want to slather it on everything.
It’s incredibly easy to make with 5 ingredients in 5 minutes, it tastes even better than the Texas Roadhouse butter, and you can make it in the comfort of your own home.
This honey butter makes any meal special. Slather some on fresh baked cornbread (and eat it with this chili). Take your breakfast to the next level by spreading it on top. Pancakes, waffles, French toast, banana bread. The possibilities are truly endless.
My kids adore this Texas Roadhouse butter and ask for cornbread just so they can eat it. They take a bite, strategically placing their mouths so that they consume all of the honey butter in one shot. Then they exclaim “I need more butter mom, it’s all gone!” Can’t argue with that right?
Cinnamon Honey Butter: Ingredients & Substitutions
The only thing to note about the ingredients is that the butter needs to be softened to room temperature.
- Salted Butter. Unsalted butter works well, so does vegan butter.
- Powdered Sugar. you can substitute homemade refined-sugar free powdered sugar click here for the recipe: paleo powdered sugar recipe.
- Honey. Maple syrup can be used in place of honey for another delicious option. I love both of them equally. Obviously maple syrup will impart a slight maple taste, which compliments fall foods (like this apple cinnamon baked oatmeal or these pumpkin muffins).
- Vanilla Extract. the seeds of one vanilla bean or vanilla bean paste are both good substitutes.
How to Make Cinnamon Honey Butter
This honey butter recipe is very simple. As always, we’ll walk through the process step-by-step to ensure your success. You can also watch the video for additional help.
Then, beat the honey butter on high speed until it is smooth. You may need to pause, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, then resume beating.
Transfer the cinnamon honey butter to a cute dish and serve it at room temperature. Here are some of my favorite foods that I love to slather this Texas Roadhouse butter on.
- You can’t go wrong with any of our breakfast recipes, but scones, homemade pancakes and waffles are all great choices.
- The same is true for our pumpkin recipes. Slather honey butter on pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin muffins, etc.
- Use it on the best cornbread or cornbread muffins.
- Slather it on any homemade bread including pretzel bread and homemade dinner rolls.
How to Store Honey Butter
Store honey butter in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-3 days. Or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
This honey butter can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4 months. Thaw gradually (not in the microwave) by setting it out in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature.
Honey Butter FAQs
If you think it will take you longer than 3 days to eat this cinnamon butter, then yes you should store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
If you store it in the refrigerator be sure to remove it and let it come to room temperature before serving. Do not heat it in the microwave! It will become a soupy mess and the ingredients will separate.
This honey butter will last in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. As long as your butter doesn’t expire and you keep it cool.
This recipe is made with butter, honey, cinnamon, sea salt and powdered sugar.
Here are some suggestions:
Cornbread was made to be eaten with this stuff.
Pancakes. Try any of these pancake recipes: Greek Yogurt Pancakes, Whole Wheat Pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, etc.
Waffles. Best Ever Waffles (we make these at least twice a month).
Slather it on the best Dinner Rolls.
This Pretzel Bread is amazing, add some cinnamon honey butter and take it up another notch.
Muffins. I have so many muffin recipes on my site and this honey butter tastes great on them all!
This French Toast tastes amazing with a slather of honey butter.
If you make and love our recipes, it would mean so much to me if you would leave a comment and rating! And don’t forget to follow along with us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Youtube – be sure to tag @joyfoodsunshine and use the hashtag #joyfoodsunshine so we can your creations!
Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe (Texas Roadhouse Copycat)
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat until well combined and fluffy. (alternately, place them in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer).
- Serve at room temperature on your favorite bread or breakfast food (pancakes, waffles, etc.)!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month, or at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Salted Butter. unsalted butter and vegan butter (like Earth’s Balance) are both good substitutes.
- Powdered Sugar. Make your own refined-sugar free powdered sugar to use in this recipe, I recommend checking out my paleo powdered sugar recipe.
- Honey. Maple syrup can be used in place of honey (especially good on fall treats).
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla beans or vanilla bean paste can be used in place of extract.
- Sea Salt. Please note that I use sea salt in all my baking, if you’re using table salt you will need to use less.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.