Posted Dec 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This month we focused on what we are thankful for and celebrated Thanksgiving with friends.
“I can’t remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass.”
Welcome to “Moments” here on JoyFoodSunshine. At the end of every month I share a recap of our family’s favorite moments! Here’s a snapshot of our life from November 2022!
After a crazy busy month in October, our November was a little more chill. We just hunkered down and did homeschool and spent time with friends.
The highlight of our month was Thanksgiving! We started the day running a 5K, which I have done on Thanksgiving every year since I was a teenager.
I love that our family has kept the tradition alive – no matter how many kids we’ve had or how pregnant I’ve been on Thanksgiving! haha! This was the first year I wasn’t pregnant or nursing during the 5K in 12 years! It was a gorgeous (albeit, cold) morning and we had a blast.
We always stop and get coffee on the way home and then drink it while we watch the parade and start cooking!
We celebrated the holiday with some friends and had the best day. I am so grateful for our friends who are like family!
Things I’m Loving
- This free people fleece jacket is the answer to all my fall/winter prayers. I’ve been searching for a great fleece jacket I can wear with leggings and this Hit the Trails jacket is it!
- Silicone baking mats. These are the best and a must-have for all the December baking coming up (like this giant list of the best Christmas cookies).
- The best measuring cups. also for baking. They are engraved (so the measurement cannot wear off) and are so solid. A great gift or to buy for yourself!
- This pumpkin pie recipe is the best!
Posts to check out in December!
- Check out my Kitchen Gift Guide to help you buy a gift for the foodie in your life!
- Don’t forget to check out my post with all of the best Christmas Cookie Recipes!
- These Cut Out Sugar Cookies and Peanut Butter Blossoms are my favorite Christams cookies!
- Make some homemade hot chocolate or crockpot hot chocolate! Yum!
- Our tradition of making a birthday cake for Jesus with this Nativity Cake topper!
Then on Friday I made these turkey cranberry sandwiches for dinner – so good.
Here are a few more snapshots from our month.
B and I went on a Mommy Daughter date (I love that she still calls it that). We went and got her some winter clothes and then out to eat together.
Ritch and I went on a double date with some dear friends and had the best time.
These three queens are just the best.
Baby Z is just the sweetest, and the happiest when being read to.
Sunday selfie from the month.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!